Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 belt issues

adot

I let someone test drive my 87 GL last weekend and just noticed now that My belt is loose and I’m missing a part! It must have fallen off while they were driving it. The belt is clearly loose now. Could someone help me identify the part/part number so I can get this car back on the road? Any info out there would be much appreciated. 

66192F5C-771A-40F8-B32C-BF689B80239E.jpeg

D207D997-0084-4CFA-AD23-533AD02BF88C.jpeg

Looks like the pressed on pulley that comes attached to the waterpump. If you have had it changed with a lifetime warranty, you'd likely be due a defective exchange, if not, you'll have to replace that waterpump. Looks caked with oily residue. I've never seen one detach but really haven't seen it all. Try not to drive it though. Your waterpump is non functional and WILL blow head gaskets and/or worse if it hasn't already!

Edited by lrgvanman

16 minutes ago, lrgvanman said:

Looks like the pressed on pulley that comes attached to the waterpump. If you have had it changed with a lifetime warranty, you'd likely be due a defective exchange, if not, you'll have to replace that waterpump. Looks caked with oily residue. I've never seen one detach but really haven't seen it all. Try not to drive it though. Your waterpump is non functional and WILL blow head gaskets and/or worse if it hasn't already!

Thanks so much for the response! Luckily it was only driven around the block a few times so the engine didn’t get too hot. Looks like I have a water pump replacement to do for the first time. I’m looking forward to it :) 

• Like 1