Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What color is my Subie?

Ok, so more correctly, how do I find out what color I have? 88 GL, blue. But there are apparently two different blue's. I can't find any sticker for a color code, unless I'm not looking in the right place (inside door jambs, under hood). Is it part of a VIN?

Eric

I went and looked - One has a sticker on the top of the driver's side strut tower.  The other doesn't have one that I can find.  I think I remember one having one on a tag under a bolt or screw.   Like one of the fender bolts, or one of the screws on top of a strut tower that also holds another piece of small parts.  If it has one, it's not in a hidden place, it's somewhere pretty easy to find, just looking around at the surfaces of sheet metal.  Might be worth looking in the door jam / door edge areas, but I don't think they were there.

Radiator upper support panel or the “walls” of the engine bay back from the radiator up to and including the strut tower is where you’ll typically find your colour code. 

If you’ve got the original paperwork in the owners manual I’m sure you’ll find it in there. 

Cheers 

Bennie

• 2 weeks later...