Ultimate Subaru Message Board

make fog lights stay on with hgih beams

not sure why you would want to do this, since the fogs would basically kill the distance vision of the high beams (which is why they are the way they are from factory)

fogs are meant for use in poor visibility conditions, not general driving use.

but to each their own i guess

13 hours ago, heartless said:

other than completely rewiring, no

False

There's a wire or 2 in the circuit running to the headlight switch so they only work with the low beams on. I've modified this on almost all my cars.

sirtokesalot, if you'd care to enlighten us as to what you're working on, I'll answer your question. I normally will not even respond if I have to ask this.

Edited by Numbchux

On 3/6/2020 at 6:13 AM, Numbchux said:

False

There's a wire or 2 in the circuit running to the headlight switch so they only work with the low beams on. I've modified this on almost all my cars.

sirtokesalot, if you'd care to enlighten us as to what you're working on, I'll answer your question. I normally will not even respond if I have to ask this.

ive been converting my lights to projector housings and want to use hids in the fogs but dont want the warm up time of hid's when switching back and forth between low and high beam yes the fogs are not yet projectors but i have the parts to do it and just have to actually do the mod. wanted to get the wiring done first. the low beams though are freekin sweet and thankfully because the lows stay on with highs on these cars i was able to use the projectors for both low and high.

88191361_183207393120143_2973944838761742336_n.jpg

89079706_2846854865391471_4654337994319200256_n.jpg

Edited by sirtokesalot

On 3/5/2020 at 7:35 PM, heartless said:

not sure why you would want to do this, since the fogs would basically kill the distance vision of the high beams (which is why they are the way they are from factory)

fogs are meant for use in poor visibility conditions, not general driving use.

but to each their own i guess

On my 03 outback the stupid low beams stayed on when the stupid high beams were on. drove me nuts.