Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all

Im hoping to get some advise on possibly reflashing my ECU.

My 2007 Outback 2.5 is going crazy and I admit I don’t know enough about the Subaru’s to troubleshoot it without some advise. 

I just gave it a small tune up to get the engine from missing. But the dash is lit up like a Christmas tree. The picture shows what it’s doing while running. 
I tried to clear the codes out of the Obd2 but I realize it’s more than that. 

I purchased the car cheep and was given a warning about the electrical issues. Main one was an airbag warning beeping that wouldn’t go away. 
when I drove it to get inspected is when the ABS messed up and locked up the front brakes. I limped it to the garage and that’s when the dash went nuts.

the oil temp warning light blinks under all conditions, airbag still dings auditable tone even after replacing the console board in the headliner. It seems that almost every light on the dash is on like it’s going through a systems check but doesn’t know what to do.

thanks for your help

C3C8393F-893E-4E5F-AB88-7CB8FE3C3720.jpeg

defective alternator can give a light show.

dinging airbag? you aren't referring to the open door  or seatbelt chime? which can happen if the switch in the doorjamb is smooshed or defective switch in buckle.

easy fix is to disable the chime.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/seatbelt-chime-error-chimes-all-the-time.183505/

what codes are you getting?

Edited by brus brother

Thanks guys it’s worth checking all of your ideas. It does sound like the seatbelt alarm or doorjamb. I had the drivers door apart and it all looked good maybe the passenger side is bad or belt buckle.

What does the do the diagnostic plugs look like? I had a small one plugged in but I’m sure it’s not anymore. But why would they come on only after my buddy connected his emission PC for state inspection? The car was running good up until then. I had disconnected the ABS harness to keep the brakes from locking while he was testing may that have something to do with it? The ABS is still defective and it’s possible the previous owner changed out the computer because this car shows a history of being totaled. I’m not sure but the airbags might have been deployed at one time.

On my 05, the green diagnostic connectors are on the passenger side tucked up under the dash. They should NOT be connected under normal operation.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/connectors-under-dash-unplugged.39287/

The seat belt chime is different than the open door chime. I smooshed my drivers side plunger switch for the open door chime by catching the seat belt buckle in the doorjamb while closing the door. PITA to replace.

The seat belt chime will sound a number of times then pause then repeat. Is that your sound or does it just keep chiming without pause?

There is a sequence to disable the seat belt chime 

Edited by brus brother

its been awhile that I drove it but it only chimed when I started driving it down the road.What I can remember it was a constant chime with no pause.

My buddys scanner pulled up every airbag fault it had. The recall was never done on the bags also so I was thinking if i can get it through emissions I might try to take it to the dealer and have them replace the recalled bags and figure out the airbag faults. I cant afford dealer labor rates so I do my own work. Im not trained on Subarus so I need info from here to work through the troubleshooting. 

I never would have known about the seat belt alarm disable trick without that video!

Thanks!

Also I was hoping to get a scan tool that I can use or software through a PC that can help me through Subaru faults and flashing. since I own three Subarus now its worth it.