Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys just have a few questions u guys can hopefully can help me with. I have a 96 legacy outback. So the driver side door is manual lock and unlock but the rest of the doors will lock and unlock automatically when ive l lock or unlock driver side. The driver side lock actuator is all manual. Would i be able to get a power lock actuator from junkyard and have be plug and play and program a key or would it just be better to get an aftermarket keyless entry and after market solinod. Thanks

Looking at the FSM, what you do depends on whether your car has the Factory Security Module installed or not.

With Security, if you unlock the door without using the Key, it would trip the alarm. You would need an aftermarket system designed to work with the Security system.

Without Security, you can do whatever you want to do.

You can get the FSM here.

http://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/

I've pulled the Subaru systems out of the yards.  Pretty cheap.  You can cut the car side wiring with enough there so you know what color wire you are tapping into on your car.

Running the door wiring through the door hinge grommet is a bit of work but it can be done.

Easy option is just to use your key!