Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car wont start after intake gasket job/fuel lines

Update: swapped in a ford f150 fuel pump. Adapted some hoses to fit the different filter. All seems well, but car still wont start. I can 100% hear loud f150 fuel pump engaging. Any thoughts? I have to have this car running by tomorrow... Replaced fuel filter, fuel lines, fuel pump, spark plugs, spark wires. Car fires with carb cleaner down choke. Im so lost. :(

WELP. I love when its a really dumb solution that I can only smack my own self for.... I accidentally swapped the return and feed fuel hoses underneath the fuel filter.... Was a great feeling and a slap once i figured that out. Ford fuel pump is very loud and my car has been driving so-so since its been up today. My battery is draining due to the new pump and probably just a failing battery (after being subjected to 30+ tries to start the car to no avail). Tonight ended with the GF and I stranded in the grocery store parking lot. Tried to jump the battery with my mobile jumper pack and also tried jumping from a car but the battery does not want to even keep a charge. Hopefully new battery tomorrow changes everything.

Thank you to everyone who helped me figure out my issues. VERY quick and insightful responses. Now i know to take it slow and take pictures before I tear everything up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DanielsHardLoyale said:

Thank you to everyone who helped me figure out my issues. VERY quick and insightful responses. Now i know to take it slow and take pictures before I tear everything up.

awesome, glad you got it, that's the point!  no tow, have a party!  you're welcome...not that my suggestions probably helped but collectively we appreciate hearing you got it!

• Like 5