Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has Anyone Ordered From 2kRacing.com Before?

3 hours ago, carfreak85 said:

Nope, never heard of them.  I try to stay with the bigger outfits in case something goes wrong, and only roll the dice if I can have a layer of protection, like a CC or PayPal buyer's protection.

I don't blame you, I'm the same way. I'm trying to source shocks and struts for my '86. There is no place online anyone can suggest that I haven't been to and looked at. I already know the part numbers but nowhere but 2kracing has front and back sets all in one place. So the their web page says. Rockauto has one set but not front and rear both. Trust me, I've been all over the internet. I know who has what and for how much$$.

5 minutes ago, carfreak85 said:

Give them a call?

I did, only got the automated menu, no live person. They're in S. Cal. Who knows what's going on with "non-essential" businesses these days, or if a car parts place is considered one? 

I guess I can buy the front set from one place and the rear set from another. As long as the part #s are right. Not a priority right now. 

I don't have any experience with them, but judging from the enormous scope of parts that they list, I doubt they actually stock anything, probably just drop ship from other sources. Which means I would not trust what they say they have in stock. I suspect they are one of these sources that just wants to get your information and then they can sell you something else, or tell you the parts are backordered indefinitely.

Just my speculation...

They are going to be a drop-ship middle man. I could do the same thing with any of my suppliers if I wanted to build a web store (I don't). These companies exist only on computer. They have no actual warehouse or stock of parts. Chances are they will cancel the order when the parts aren't actually available.

Unfortunately all this stuff is being discontinued and you're only choice going forward will be to haunt eBay for new old stock. 

GD

Someone elsewhere online said they live down the street from the 2kracing building and described the inside of the shop. There is a physical address on the web site and a picture of the building. Doesn't mean that the business isn't a middleman.

5 hours ago, aba4430 said:

Sorry if I missed the information above, but what 86 model do you have? Is it an EA82 4WD? If so, you can get a pair of Sachs 4WD struts from Autozone for under $110 with 25% off. Not sure if this helps.

It's a 4WD wagon. I'm looking for KYB.