Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA 82 twin carbs been done?

We had a fella here....Tweety on Ausubaru ...who had an EA82 spfi intake adapted to take the 38/38 on his ( as it turned out - pretty clapped out) EA81 in a trike.

His adventures were a great read as he shared with us an on all the time fuel guzzling supercharger, his spfi conversion fail and the 38/38

I think it spent some time just on its hind wheels. Got the impression that two butterflies at once all the time lost drivability in his three speed VW auto trike

Have word from Subius Sam on his EA81 twin carbs on EA82 - fun to drive, loved to rev, induction sounded great and maybe not much more performance over single carb

Edited by Step-a-toe

38 minutes ago, Step-a-toe said:

Tweety on Ausubaru ...who had an EA82 spfi intake adapted to take the 38/38...

...I think it spent some time just on its hind wheels. Got the impression that two butterflies at once all the time lost drivability in his three speed VW auto trike

That was a fun ride that one! The first time I rode it after the rebuilt engine went in with the 38/38 I took off with the front wheel in the air. It was crazy good power for a little 1.8L with a slush box in front of it! 

I think drivability was good but the fuel usage went through the roof. It was sold on due to health issues and being exposed to the elements all the time was getting a bit much. It’s the only trike I know of with a roof - very well done and it looked neat! 

2FlrB7.jpg 

8afvp8.jpg 

Met us out bush for some lunch. Here’s Tweety with Ruby Scoo and the H6 dual range foz “Dulagal”:

dsc0512mtcole.jpg 

I think this was the first time I met Tweety - in Sunnie the Brumby:

j1img0020tweetysunniej 

I think this was pre-experimenting with SPFI and supercharger: 

img0018tweetysunnie.jpg 

^ same, same but different! 

I reckon the EA81S with the twins would’ve been the ultimate - and looked the part visually too. 

Cheers 

Bennie

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Step-a-toe said:

Wonder how Tony is

Doing well. On his second caravan build now. First one went around Oz behind his i30 no worries, then he decided he wanted one with a tad bit more room so went and built it! 

Cheers 

Bennie