Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1991 Subaru Legacy AT Possible Torque Bind

About two months ago, I purchased a 1991 Subaru Legacy non-turbo with automatic transmission and 156k miles on it. Everything so far has been pretty normal except about after owning it for a month, I did notice that when I am driving at low speeds while turning either direction, the car shudders/shakes/vibrates. Just an all around concerning noise/feel. You cannot feel any of the shaking within steering wheel. It feels like it’s between the driver and passenger seat. I flushed the power steering fluid hoping it might fix it (worked for someone in another forum I read) and the problem has not ceased. I put a fuse in the FWD fusebox, but it did not fix the problem either. The FWD light did come on my dash though. I also have not gotten the A/T temp light 16 times so I’m guessing the duty C solenoid is alright. From what I’ve read so far, seems like I may need a new clutch pack in the transmission? I’m still learning a lot and would really appreciate any help/advice anyone can offer.
If I do need a new clutch pack, how intensive of a job is that? How expensive roughly? Would it just be worth it to take to a shop to have it fixed there? I just want my baby to run without sounding terrible while turning, lol.

Search Torque Bind on the USMB.  Lots of good info and pics.

Tires all the same size and pressure?

Changed the trans fluid 3x or flushed by pulling the trans cooler line off the radiator?

Read the code for the TCU.  Instructions on the USMB

The tires are all the same.
I haven’t yet flushed the transmission fluid. That would be amazing if that fixed the problem. I think I’ll do that this weekend and see if it helps.

I will read up more on torque bind and how to read codes for the TCU.

Thank you!