Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'80-'84 part numbers

I can't help with genuine part numbers but I have bought the correct module for Hitachi module every time aftermarket.

The same was in early fwd EA82 carb and seems like a few other makes and models...Honda

Might not work in other listings but Bosch did BIC 290 Coil for these Hitachi

Just a thought, if U go into Rockauto and find part, info often has genuine part number listed

Edited by Step-a-toe
Change coil part number
  • Like 1

You have asked for Hitachi P/N's for 80 to 84's. I can tell you that the manual transmission 85 to 88 2 door hatches and Brats used Hitachi distributor P/N 429878900; autos used 429879100. The coil P/N's are 429887810 for manual transmissions and 429887310 for manual and autos. So I think either coil can be used for the manual's. Note, I have been running a Hitachi CIT-32 (I will check the number again) coil on my 87 Brat since 2012 with no issues. Not sure if these 85 to 88 P/N's are helpful. Separately, AZ has several options for coils, including a couple of NGK's:

Ignition Coil Options at AZ

Correction to the Hitachi coil P/N I have been using since 2012. I stated above it was CIT-32. It is actually CIT-126.

IMG_1797.jpg

Edited by aba4430
Correction of a P/N.
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 7:43 AM, aba4430 said:

You have asked for Hitachi P/N's for 80 to 84's. I can tell you that the manual transmission 85 to 88 2 door hatches and Brats used Hitachi distributor P/N 429878900; autos used 429879100. The coil P/N's are 429887810 for manual transmissions and 429887310 for manual and autos. So I think either coil can be used for the manual's. Note, I have been running a Hitachi CIT-32 (I will check the number again) coil on my 87 Brat since 2012 with no issues. Not sure if these 85 to 88 P/N's are helpful. Separately, AZ has several options for coils, including a couple of NGK's:

Ignition Coil Options at AZ

Thanx! My '82 FSM specifies the CIT-79 coil for Hitachi. Now to figger out which PN is which?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hate to say it but....book face ....saw a photo recently depicting a jumper installed. A single wire jumping from one terminal to another

I looked and looked even harder when stripping out a 9/84 Sportswagon - no control module above the pedals, behind the cluster at all. Maybe some models or some markets had or required the safety circuit, others not?

Tricky to get to.

Why not 'just' run say an LED in your console powered by the earth and power wires at the pump so you can monitor its power supply??

• Like 1

Mine all are above the L kick panel, above/beside the hood pull and fuse box.

I'm just needing to take it off the coil to see if it's killing my distributor module.

I could totally bypass it but I think it's got another safety besides the module pulse.

Guess I need to start another thread?

• 3 weeks later...

I had this problem recently where it ran fine but ran like poo at high RPM when it was hot. It would keep on running like poo until the engine cooled down. I checked out the choke and the ignition coil, and then I took into a mechanic and long story short they said it was the HItachi carburetor. He said he has a contraption to mist gas into the intake, and if he did that it ran fine. I replaced the carb with a weber and it has been running well since.

• Like 1

Fixed mine, thanx to folks on new thread, 

Didn't realize how much the bushings were worn. Had .015" slop at top.

Got blessed to find a Cardone rebuild on Ebay for $120.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REMAN-OEM-DISTRIBUTOR-42987-8110-DR480-03-FITS-SUBARU-DL-GL-BRAT-31-810/274358924769?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Superoo's back out on big road.:D