Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting wheels cleaned and powdered ?

Hey once again guys! If I was to get a set of 13' Enkeis cleaned, straightened, and powdered, what would I need to tell my guy about the colour? Is there a powder/paint code for that Subaru gold colour? Or should I just say "Subaru gold" ??

Thanks for any help!

You'd be surprised Jono, it's more that Australian powder coaters only support a small range - they start the week with white, and end it with black. Dulux list 4800 different colours for powder coat. Prismatic in the US offer 6500.

I'd suggest asking your coater which brand they use, and if you have a wheel with some original gold left, see if they have it or can get it (and what the cost will be if they have to buy stock).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Step-a-toe said:

Not too many choices in powder colours is there?

2 hours ago, dfoyl said:

You'd be surprised Jono, it's more that Australian powder coaters only support a small range - they start the week with white, and end it with black. Dulux list 4800 different colours for powder coat. Prismatic in the US offer 6500.

I'd suggest asking your coater which brand they use, and if you have a wheel with some original gold left, see if they have it or can get it (and what the cost will be if they have to buy stock).

Cheers guys! I just simply don't know anything about powder coating, never done it before. Thought it may have been like paint codes! I think I can just show them a pic and pray for the best lol thanks!

3 minutes ago, carfreak85 said:

The Enkei gold is different from the gold used on 2.5RS/STI wheels.  It is more pale and has no "flake" in it versus the yellow-gold of the Subaru gold.  As suggested, just ask to see a swatch of gold shades and pick the one you prefer.

I just dropped the wheels off and they said to look at prismaticpowder.com and find something with a code so we can be sure if a specific colour. I get it because just having a pic is kinda hard so I may not be able to get the correct gold but I can find something close. Thanks!

• Like 1