Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cracked ej22 flex plate

Espey16

Hi guys. I've been gathering parts for a dual exhaust port EJ22 im trying to re seal and put into my EA82 car. I took the flex plate off the other day and it is cracked all the way around the bolts. Its a wonder it still was in 1 piece. The flex plate was pushed towards the engine, and it was rubbing on what I understand is the oil separator plate (left side big one), and the small 2 bolt plate (right side). Should I worry about these parts and replace them or are they ok to re use? Stupid question I know. They don't leak though. If I can figure out how I'll post a pic.

Edited by Espey16

• 1 month later...

If they don’t leak don’t stress about them. 

But if you want piece of mind, replace them. Use an impact screw driver, it’s the only way to get those countersunk screws out and snugged back in nicely. 

Are you putting this on an EA82 auto? 

Cheers 

Bennie

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, el_freddo said:

Good! I doubt the auto would be up to an EJ. 

You’ll love the EJ with the manual. Watch out in wet weather when putting the pedal down! 

Cheers 

Bennie

Probably true for most but I've been running one in my Brat behind an ej22 for three years. I hate not having overdrive but have to have an automatic and tow on a dolly behind my MH.

• 2 months later...