Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to the forum and want to share my subie stories!

Hey guys! 

Just popping in to introduce myself, currently own two Subaru's. Just started daily driving a 96 Legacy L that I built a Frankenmotor for. Only 200 miles on the new engine so far. 

Bought the car for $150, built the engine and back on the road after a total of $930! (Hint: I am a mechanic for a small independent Subaru shop in Western NC, so I've got a bunch of spare parts and nic nacks lying around).

Once I figure out how to upload some pictures I'll show you what I got. I'm planning on painting the car and wheels soon so hopefully you guys can help me decide on colors.

I'm buying a 98 forester tomorrow for $500, so that'll be subie #3! 

The mystique of Boone to an East coast vintage enthusiast like myself is that we all here understood it to be a place of old Subaru worship. 

Last time I was out that way was around 1993 when I stopped in Jonas Ridge to meet Mr. Mosely - Mosrite Guitars. 

Then when we were outside of Win/Salem in what is now Phafftown there was a rusting 76 sedan I recall near our friends place. 

Personally I love both ends of NC , never spent much time in the middle except drive troughs. 

We had an elder friend in Marion above I-40 who was an engineer who worked for Howard Hughes and had an incredible list of accomplishments. He owned a small mountain top. Such a beautiful property. NC has a feel you never forget. 

Enjoy ! 

• 2 weeks later...