Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2013 Subaru Legacy Electric Window issue

Hi all,

I have a 2103 Subaru Legacy DTI. The car is wonderful but all 4 electric windows have now stopped working. It started with the driver's window and the wing mirror not closing. Then the other 3 worked on and off till it became off!

I can't believe all 4 motors or switches have gone.

Has anyone come across this. I live in jamaica so parts are expensive and not that readily available. Garages here will charge a fortune and you will still have the problem!

Look forward to any suggestions.

I fixed a 2011 for a friend.  Her cable on the window motor had a loose strand that bound up the window.

Make sure you inhibit button for the passenger windows is not on.  Other than that, start checking for power.

19 hours ago, lmdew said:

I fixed a 2011 for a friend.  Her cable on the window motor had a loose strand that bound up the window.

Make sure you inhibit button for the passenger windows is not on.  Other than that, start checking for power.

Hi thanks, yep I checked the button, I cant believe thought all 4 motors would go like that. At the weekend might take the driver's door cover off and have a look at the switches.