Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need help finishing heated/power seat swap. Almost done.

Hi, my wife was recently hit by a semi and destroyed our 08 Outback. Luckily she is fine.

We were able to find a nice 08 Outback to replace the totaled car but I am trying to swap all the seats because the wrecked car had heat/power seats but the new car does not and its a feature she really liked.

I have the job nearly complete aside from 6 wires that I am unsure how to connect. 4 wires to the power seat plug, and 2 wires to the harness in the center console that ultimately go into the switches for the heated seats

The new car does not have a vacant plug for power seats under the seat as I have read some people have.

I have attached some photos in an attempt to clearly illustrate when I am at in the process.

I am no good at reading a wire diagram and electrical stuff has never been my strong suit. Any guidance on how and where to connect these last 6 wires would be greatly appreciated.

powerseat.jpg

seatheat.jpg

There is a fuse position with a fuse in it for seat heat in the new car which was not equipped with heated seats. That confuses me.

When I swapped in the plugs from the old car's harness the number and color of all the wires were put into the color matching positions, what you see is what I have left. If possible I would prefer to be able to tie-in the un-accounted-for wires into something nearby (I assume they are power, switched power, and grounds) and install an in-line fuse holder if needed rather than to run wires up the center column, behind the dash, and into the fuse box.

The trouble shooting section should show which wire colors and plug positions to test for ground and power if you need to clarify them. 

Are you positive the plugs for heated seats aren’t hiding somewhere?  I’d double and triple check. 

This is an average US market outback?

I guess you do since you’re mentioning some specific details but Do you have an FSM to reference and verify?