Ultimate Subaru Message Board

By coincidence, I'm getting this on both the '01 Forester and '01 H6 OBW.  I can find lots on it in the OBW docs, but there isn't a diagram of the plumbing (only the wiring) in the Forester manual, from what I can see.  Can anyone direct me to it?

[edit]

To clarify, I'm not looking for a manual.  I'm looking for a specific diagram - the evaporative emissions plumbing schematic.  Doesn't appear to be in the TSM.

Edited by jonathan909

Click the following link to download the FSM for your 2001 Forester in one zip file. Go down to 2001 and across to Forester and click on SF in that block. A new tab will open. Click the big green button (upper right) to start the download. Another window will open with an add, click the X to close it.

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?18087-Subaru-Factory-Service-Manuals-

Unzip the file to its own folder. There are 8 PDF files.

Open the Fuel and OBD II pdf file.

Page 7-10 shows piping and location for Emission components.

Page 182 shows testing for P0442 code.

In the Engine Section PDF file the first 18 pages has Emission component info. Scroll way down to section 2-8 (top of page) page 4 and subsequent pages for fuel tank, fuel and emission components and EVAP Lines.

When you find the pages you want, right click on a blank area of the page and print them (current page). It will save you a lot of time scrolling up and down and going between manuals.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link.  I think this is a better version of the manual I have, but it still - annoyingly - doesn't include a schematic of that bit of plumbing.  I mean, the diagrams on 8-10 are swell for showing you where the pieces are, but do nothing to show how they're connected together.

Can someone help break down this error?  My primary concern is that the purge solenoid isn't the leaky part, as that's what's going to directly affect manifold vacuum.  I'm not going to get terribly worked up if the reported leak is on the other side of that valve - that is, in the tank, filler neck, cannister, etc., because that's just going to result in slightly higher evaporative emissions and not impair performance.  Of course, without a schematic showing - in detail - how the tank, cannister, etc., are plumbed together, it's hard to confirm that suspicion.

Edited by jonathan909