Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2004 Forester XT. What line is this anyway?

I've got a 2004 Forester 2.5 XT and just had one of the coolant hoses spring a leak through a combination of age, heat, and animal damage. While removing it I snapped an unrelated line and now I'm trying to fix that, but I can't identify a part number for it and can't even tell if it was supposed to be a hard line or a soft one. Specifically in the picture I'm looking at the thin vertical line shown below as I already have the fat squiggly one on order since it was the original culprit. I'm thinking the little guy may be an EGR line and I'm really tempted to replace the broken bit with some soft tubing and call it a day. Near the bottom where it gets fat there is a white-ish connector that I can remove from the intake, but I can't take the hard line off of it. Any help would be appreciated.

1597010942683-png.538770

4 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

That was originally soft tubing. It turns hard from the engine bay heat near the turbo. That is one of the hoses for the boost control solenoid. Replace it with generic silicone vacuum hose. 

GD

Definitely what I was hoping for, thanks for clarifying! Do leaks pose any risk to the engine/turbo under normal use? I've had to replace multiple lines and T connectors due to animal damage