Hello all,

2019 Toyota GT86 TRD Edition

I know this sounds dumb, "just replace the battery", but my battery tests fine at NAPA every time as well as the alternator. It'll start up fine in the morning, drive fine, I go to the store, get back in and it either has a super hard and slow start or it is dead. I've even driven it four a few hours and then parked, same result. If the charging system is fine then possibly something is pulling excessive amperage?

Jump the battery, perfect 14 volts w/perfect start. Has anyone had this issue? I find it hard to believe the factory alarm system would drain it while locked/parked. Also, they're absolutely no aftermarket parts on my 86. The battery is Toyota factory, about two years old.

you can use a multimeter to monitor 'dark current' while pulling fuse to pin-down the offending system.

any work,wrecks, mods to the car before this began? (electronics plugged in, new head unit, dash cam or ???)

No wrecks (I had a cosmetic bumper tap but the engines so far back it didn’t impact). No mods or aftermarket anywhere. I did jump my GL once or twice with it. Maybe I didn’t let it run after for a while and this bogged the battery down?