Ultimate Subaru Message Board

second generation Brat Shock absorber

The two part numbers for left and right, superceded to one to do either side.

If you had that part number, have you got a Subaru dealers to ask if your can order in?

I run EA82 L Series struts in my 2nd Gen Brumby, required the three bolt top mounts, mounting holes to suit.

Also made my own jelly bean shaped reinforcement washes to replicate the originals

17 hours ago, Marc556 said:

it is a big problem to me....

If you abolutely need these parts, the only way is to buy second hand parts or is it possible to rebuild old absorber ?

Many things are possible. Especially if you have access to a machine shop. But unless you want to fabricate some custom struts or coil-overs, you are limited to finding good used ones.

GD

To the OP - please refer to this thread for leads. The Brat shocks should still be available from the dealer. I ordered mine a few months ago from these folks. This is the link to the struts on their site. Price is excellent for genuine struts, and they may even waive shipping. Tell them you were referred from this site.

• Like 1

Those are my local guys. The older guys there are fantastic. They’ve ordered from west coast distributors for me before and I walk in. The younger guys , aaagggh , not so great. 

But to see those , hmmm , makes me wonder.  I mean sure  I trust those guys , but I also know for sure they’ve purged their shelves of those parts LONG ago so this set has likely been purchased by SOA more recently given those parts tags. 
Just saying’ ... they sure look good. But causes me to wonder.

GD says no longer available yet this set has very new tags on it.

Perhaps dealers or the distributors are allowed to shop suppliers for elder car parts and just use SOA strictly for what SOA expects them to stock ? 

I’d bet my left one that SOA doesn’t want them wasting theirs shelf space on parts for anything over 15-20 years max up here in the rust belt. 

All very interesting. 

• 6 months later...

Update for March 2021: I tried to order a pair of shocks p/n 721032064 from the SPFY site as linked above and they had to contact me to say there is only one unit in US inventory.

I don't know how long one unit of a usually paired item will hang around, but that may look 'in stock' for a while.

No , the guys at subarupartsforyou.com are local to me down on the shore.

Those guys in Canton I heard of but they’re upstate in a quiet town. I wish I lived up there but I’m on the populate shoreline. 

Weren’t there crossovers from a small Ford truck or something like that ?? 

Good luck on this one. 

Sachs made fronts and Gabriel did also. I don't think either one does any more. I would research and find those part numbers and started internet searching. You may get lucky and find a set still in stock somewhere. Also try Ebay too! There is one new pair on Ebay. But, they want $499.99 for them! I had the Gabriel first on my 87 for a decade of more. They were okay. Put Sachs on it last they were way better and that is what was on it when I sold it. Good luck. Moosens I think the Ford crossover was a heavier front spring, if I am not mistaken. I can't remember which Ford though.

14 hours ago, zenzor said:

I purchased a pair on 2/17 from from this  https://www.subarupartscounter.com/  (Canton CT? Are these your guys Moosens?). At the time I was told that there was only one other set of these in US inventory so you may want to act quickly. 

Now, can someone tell me if there are any coil springs available for these units? 

Just to clarify that's 2/17/21.

From: support@subarupartscounter.com <support@subarupartscounter.com>
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2021 11:37 AM
To:

Subject: Subaru Parts Counter: Order #3908 Items Shipped

ORDER #3908

Hello , 
The following items have shipped via UPS. Your tracking number(s): 

Part Number

Part Name

Price

Quantity