Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2010 Forester

My Forester is now displaying 3 warning lights (ABS, Hill Assist & Vehicle Dynamics Control). I read up on it and checked out some youtubes. All indicated that it's likely the brake switch. My brake lights were fine but I went ahead and installed a new switch to no avail. Made sure the gas cap was on correctly. It is not showing any codes. Any idea what I need to fix? Thanks.

jor

Edited by jor

OP here. Turns out it's the RR ABS sensor. My local O'Reilly's just got a new scanner which includes the ABS function. Bought one from them at $145 or so. Hopefully, this will turn out those damn annoying lights. Thanks.

jor

• 2 weeks later...

OP again. Well, I replaced the ABS sensor on the right rear and no dice! Still had the same three lights. I scanned it again and now it produced three codes:

ABS open or short
ECM control system
Steering angle sensor

WTF???? OK, at this point I gave up and took it to a repair shop. They have a guy there that came to them from Subaru. He ID'd the problem immediately as he used to see it all the time at the Dealer. Turned out it was packrats. They had jumped up on top of the fuel tank and made camp just under the top access plates which are located under the rear seat. Problem solved albeit at great expense. Maybe this will save someone else the annoyance and expense of taking it somewhere. Here's a couple photos.

jor

IMG_4106.jpeg

IMG_4104.jpeg

• Like 1