Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Passenger window no going down

Hello, 

I drive a 2017 subaru OBW.  recently the control for the passenger side window on the driver's door has stopped working.  I hope this is something as simple as a fuse.  Do people here have any other ideas or suggestions?

Thank you, 

Craig 

The window control may need to relearn its limits; the procedure is fairly easy: run the window all the way up and continue to hold the switch up for a few seconds, the run it all the way down and hold - done.

Sometimes the BIU gets "confused" and disconnecting the battery will reset it; you'll definitely need to reset the limits afterwards.

I’m curious how you set the limits. When I do motorized shades I do that either on the unit itself at the motor while toggling the step motor  or remotely if that applies.

So where would you be able to set limits from ? Thanks for the education. I’ll likely have a 2017 or one from that era .... oh maybe in a few years. For now I stick with the old school. Too much electronics these days. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 8:39 PM, ronemus said:

The window control may need to relearn its limits; the procedure is fairly easy: run the window all the way up and continue to hold the switch up for a few seconds, the run it all the way down and hold - done.

Sometimes the BIU gets "confused" and disconnecting the battery will reset it; you'll definitely need to reset the limits afterwards.

WOW!  This suggestion is was did it!  Thank you very much, greatly appreciated.  I simply rolled the window all the way up, held the button in for a couple of extra seconds then rolled it all the way down and held it for a couple of seconds.  It now works from both driver and passenger doors!  like magic. :)

• Like 2