Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Do 15" rims fit 2003 Forester brake calipers?

Actually I'm thinking of getting an additional set of wheels/ tires (from a 2001 Legacy) for my '98 Legacy on which I installed 2003- SG Forester front brake calipers and rotors and am curious if there would be any clearance/fitment issues with the 15" wheels with this particular brake system

my 2002 Foz has 15" wheels stock.. cant imagine the the 2003 being much different.

the thing to be aware of is spring perch clearance.... if the car still has the stock struts/springs on it, you may run into issues there - but that can be handled by mounting smaller diameter (ie: sidewall) tires to stay close to the stock diameter.

1 hour ago, heartless said:

my 2002 Foz has 15" wheels stock.. cant imagine the the 2003 being much different.

the thing to be aware of is spring perch clearance.... if the car still has the stock struts/springs on it, you may run into issues there - but that can be handled by mounting smaller diameter (ie: sidewall) tires to stay close to the stock diameter.

2002 and 2003 are different generation Foresters...so what's true of one is not necessarily true of the other.

Looks like the 2003 would have come with the 290mm front brakes. These will NOT clear factory 15s without modification. I have ground down those calipers enough to clear factory 15s, so it is possible with 10 careful minutes with a grinder....but not without.