Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1982 GL wagon build

SightlineSubi

Hello every!  So I've started moding up my 1982 GL wagon.  It' has a lifted body and suspeion and I'm running kuhmo 27.5 tires.  I'm almost finished doing an SPFI conversion and an EA82 swap.  Got the engine and harness/ecu from a 1988 GL sedan 4wd.  I'm building an EA 81 engine on my shop bench too and may swap back to the original after a while and once I'm finished building the 81.  I may.......uh hum.....keep the 82 even until it quits.  Either way I'll have the SPFI system on whatever I run.  Ive already done the distributor conversion fir the 81 to use the SPFI manifold and SPFi on it.  It has a Weber carb now.  The new FI fuel pump comes in tomorrow so I should be firing her up.  Have a bit of wiring and alot of organizing of the new harness to do first tho.  I've been busy fabricating a winch bar and installing a new winch on the front past couple days.  Here's a few pics of how that turned out.  I found some 1965 mustang sway bars (2)

20201228_160717_HDR.jpg

Edited by SightlineSubi