Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Service invoice with PCV valve listed?

What are you looking for? 

$20 part and $130 labor = $150 should be the most you pay   Many places charge 1 hour minimum which can run $130ish per hour. Lesser amounts will depend shop rate, how the shop charges, and if they’ll bill for partial hours.

Ive replaced PCV valves preventatively or preventatively/mitigating/eliminating issues.

They’re pocket change and take 10-30 minutes. 

If you’re still married to your original question you may want to post year/make/model.

some are simple, others like H6s are a little more involved.  Though as the 10-30 minutes suggests, they’re all easy.  

I am doubting anyone has had their 30,000 , 60,000 90,000 , 120,000 mile services done by a dealer or a workshop and had their less than $5 part replaced

In a doubting Thomas kind of mode

Judging by the filthy exterior of all I have come across, choked up innards, I am guessing they all have the factory installed PCV valve

I’ve never seen any hint that the ones I’ve replaced might not be original.

Most customers don’t trust shops enough to pay for every little suggestion, and those open their wallets to shops will be very few and don’t want to think about cars, or join this forum, once they walk out the door.

Well, we are in the 80s section and in my factory manuals it is listed for replacement as you say, every 30,000 miles / 50,000 km or every 24 months for the EA82.

I think this item also appeared on the tear away single sheets out of the workshop. One of those Inspect or Replace items

And in almost 40 years of being around workshops about the only time replacement occurred was non Subaru, plastic items broken. Never been asked to order an unbreakable one, never invoiced one out unless for propane conversions where steel ball poppets where swapped for plastic balled ones in case of a backfire causing a steel ball get sucked in rather than blown out.