Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru XT na help!!

3 minutes ago, idosubaru said:

you can reseal the oil pump and shim the pressure relief or stretch the springs in the heads for better oil pressure. 

I don’t know part number or brand for XT adapter. Here’s an example.

https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Wiper-Adapter-Bosch-3392390298/dp/B015YD1US8/ref=asc_df_B015YD1US8/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241969781511&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13838419871965489114&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009441&hvtargid=pla-571072893796&psc=1

I bought a few adapters like 20 years go and have never needed to look since, so that probably isn’t the same brand or identical. But it’s very similar if it’s not. 

thanks, do you have any idea where i can find a digital owners manual? i cant find one only the service manual.

For the wipers - if you have the actual OEM pieces, try to find refills.   They are the standard metric narrow kind.  Just fit them by dimensions.   I have the OEM blade holders on my 2 wagons.  None of the aftermarket replacement assemblies worked as well.  The OEM ones are stainless steel, and still good 30 years later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xXArchusXx said:

these were in the center console what are they?                               i also have the original key box but not the original keys or anything for the box.

IMG_20200928_200849.jpg

The top most piece is a glove box key receiver. It’s the thing the glove box key slides into. 

The lower two items are the slide handles that go underneath the two control pod wings, and hang down, they slide left and right to adjust interior light brightness and wiper intermittent speed. 

6 hours ago, DaveT said:

For the wipers - if you have the actual OEM pieces, try to find refills.   They are the standard metric narrow kind.  Just fit them by dimensions.   I have the OEM blade holders on my 2 wagons.  None of the aftermarket replacement assemblies worked as well.  The OEM ones are stainless steel, and still good 30 years later.

Oh yeah that’s a good option too so you retain the OEM look geometry and alignment.  The adapters will offset the blade somewhat.  

I think you can still find XT6 blades at dealers if you’re a purest.  I know someone who bought one or two like two years ago.  Maybe he got lucky, I don’t know if he had to search for them or they were available.

Edited by idosubaru

the blend door hot to cold was one cable and had to take the center console up, there was a lot of sludge. it took 2hour. should the ebrake plate be diagonal? the top lights dont turn on when you press them. The drivers seat has a cable under it what does that go to? the windows take forever to move, and the passenger only moves with the engine on. the back seats should fold down right? What is the speed warning switch? where can i get a digital copy of the owners manual? iin cleaning the interior tomorrow.

On 9/28/2020 at 3:26 PM, Ionstorm66 said:

So if you look under the rear seat on the wall of the foot well there is a small bag with an allen wrench. That is for the seatbelts. You can put it in a hole behind the drivers seat and move the belt manually. Move it all the way back and forth, it should free up. Might start working then. Next I would check the door switch.

can i get new door switches and how do i know if they are bad? i found the tool but I couldnt find a hole anywhere. 

4 minutes ago, xXArchusXx said:

the seats are out and I found the tool in the bag but i cant find a hole to put the tool to move the automatic seatbelts on either side. where is the flasher relay? the two things in the picture fall out if you move them.

Put the seat all the way forward. There is a small hole in the trim at the bottom of the B piler. Has a cover.

The flasher is a PITA to get to. its on a bracket attached to the steering column.

Just now, Ionstorm66 said:

Put the seat all the way forward. There is a small hole in the trim at the bottom of the B piler. Has a cover.

The flasher is a PITA to get to. its on a bracket attached to the steering column.

i took the seats out. where can i find the flasher for the fuse box in the repair manual i cant find it.

there is a metal bracket hanging down on the passengers side whats that?

is there a cabin filter?

3 minutes ago, xXArchusXx said:

i took the seats out. where can i find the flasher for the fuse box in the repair manual i cant find it.

there is a metal bracket hanging down on the passengers side whats that?

is there a cabin filter?

First part was about the seatbelt overide. Its at the bottom of the b piller

The flasher is on a bracket with 4 relays attached to the steering column under the dash. I pulled the drivers seat and did it laying on my back, still was hard to get them back in there.

DSCN1233_zps42190683.jpg

Edited by Ionstorm66

3 minutes ago, Ionstorm66 said:

First part was about the seatbelt overide. Its at the bottom of the b piller

The flasher is on a bracket with 4 relays attached to the steering column under the dash. I pulled the drivers seat and did it laying on my back, still was hard to get them back in there.

DSCN1233_zps42190683.jpg

IMG_20200930_172332.jpg