Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2007 Legacy 180K, needs HG and axles

Friend in Bellingham WA needs Subaru Maintenance.

She was given a $5000 price estimate for the HG and axles repairs on her 2007 Legacy.  It has 180K.  

She's wanting to know if it's worth it.   I told her if it's been taken care of and with normal maintenance she should hit 250K.

Lot's of unknown's from CO and having not seen the car.  Her brother is in Portland, OR so GD shop is my pick.

Larry

We do the HG's, timing, and radiator/hoses for $2750

Axles - there's choices but I prefer to use new OEM axles - they tend to be around $400 each. I can get Chinese one's that aren't terrible for half the price but you don't get the longevity out of them. If we were doing a HG replacement I would only charge one hour for install of both.

GD

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lmdew said:

Thanks, I suggested she call you.  Good option even though its a days trip south.

I've used Montway auto transport in the past couple of years and it was easy enough if they wanted to avoid the drive.  Last one was like 350 miles and I forget the cost but it was like $300, maybe less.