Ultimate Subaru Message Board

When did they stop making simple Legacy Wagon ?

When did they stop making simple Legacy Wagon ?

I have a 2005 Legacy Wagon with about 200K miles on it , it's not getting younger !

Sort of looking around for a replacement ! When I bout it about 6 years ago, I thought when that time came I would simply buy a newer one, because this body style changed in 2010 with the new bigger Outback and they ONLY made Legacy sedans in the old body style like mine ?
Well I having a hard time replacing my simple station wagon !

I can find GT's with that Turbo, that I want nothing to do with !

So ...... when did they stop making my simple 4 4 station wagon ?

• Like 1

According to Cars101, 2007 was the last year of a base Legacy wagon. That was also the death of the Outback Sedan

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2008.html

CHANGES FOR THE 2008 LEGACY ...

Gone Legacy 2.5i SE and GT wagons are no longer available. All Legacys are now sedans and all wagons are now Outbacks.

When it came time to replace my mom's 2001 Legacy, we moved her into an Impreza, it's almost the exact same size as her old 1992 Legacy (her favorite car). Of course, those were Sedans, I don't think the Impreza hatch offers the same cargo area as a Legacy wagon.

Only 19 more years until you can import a Levorg...

You guys had an outback sedan and don’t get the Levorg? 

Weird. 

Levorgs look the part. I wouldn’t mind one but there’s no way I’ll be able to afford one while they’re still useful and not failing in the engine department etc. 

Cheers 

Bennie

No Levorg ! Those bastids !!

Never forget the son of a @&$&@ sales bag when I walked into the showroom and asked about a Legacy wagon around that era mentioned above. 

That dummy was so dipped in his training he refused to acknowledge there were previously Legacy wagons. And naturally he was a tad snotty. 

Oh to be able to smack the $#|+ out of that punk !!! 

Sorry , just had to vent.