Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2013 Subaru Outback Front Passenger Power Seat

The trim level is Premium. The problem is that when the switch on the passenger power seat is operated the motor functions to move the seat forward or backward but the seat gets in a bind because the side of the seat nearest the door is not moving. When I look under the passenger seat from the front the motor is mounted on a bracket to the right with the shaft entering the track nearest the center console. When I look under the drivers seat from the front I see the motor mounted on a bracket to the left with the shaft entering the track nearest the center console. There is a component that extends from the motor over to the track nearest the driver's side door. Attached are four photos which I took. The first two are as viewed from the front of the passenger seat. The first showing the motor which has a shaft entering the track nearest the console. The second showing the track nearest the passenger side door which has a hole which aligns with the center line of the motor and two smaller drilled and tapped holes (one to the left and one to the right which you probably can't see in the photo) that to me indicate that there should be a component like the one that exists on the drivers seat between the motor and the track. The third photo shows the motor for the drivers side seat mounted on a bracket to the left with the shaft entering the track nearest the center console. You will see the component connected to the end of the motor housing that extends from the motor over to the track nearest the driver's side door. The forth photo provides a little better view of what I presume to be an enclosure for a drive shaft which enters the track nearest the driver's side door. In my mind I have come to think that the component between the motor and track should also be present for the passenger side door. If you or someone else can provide an answer I will appreciate the help. I have tried to find access to a service manual but so far have only found sources requiring a monetary expenditure which I hope to avoid. Thanks so much for taking time to reply.

Mike Flowers

1025201203.jpg

1025201206.jpg

1025201208.jpg

1025201216.jpg