Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Starts; but let the key go to run position(dies)

I got a battery should be charged up over night pretty decently......

I will get a voltmeter on that pup.....

Interesting what you say about the bad alt........   I hadn't thought of that....(very possible)

Cuz.... that is what it was doing there for a while( while I was tooling along at 30 M.P.H. it would run and then not run)

[not stall but.... like  BRRMM   not run  BRRRMMMMM not run BRMMM..... not run..... all the way home)

Will check for corrosion and bad/fried wiring....

I run with the covers off so..... I will just see about the belts.....(did put an driver's side belt on.... in the last 100 miles)

Micky

SOOO....   where I just left it............       Loyale is idling........... warming up....... 

BUT, I don't think I am "out in the clear"

Here's why...

I think there is a multitude of things/problems.....  Perhaps, they are getting resolved.....(not really sure)

As stated in the title........ car would immediately die when key was released from the start position....

It doesn't appear to be doing that...

I  did  take care of a connection, a black lead that is tied onto the + side of the battery terminal.

It had an OEM connector on it. It ran immediately into the wiring harness....  I started cleaning the terminals

on that connector(well, then it just broke into pieces in my hand)......    SOOo I stripped the wires  ... pigtailed them together... and threw some tape on them...

(anyone know where this wire goes.... it was black off the battery and immediately into the harness....(14 gauge wire??)

The ammeter is reading inside on the dash...... I disconnected the  + side of the battery while the loyale was running... I did not stall out........

I am thinking........... that when I go out there now.......  it may be stalled........  ... what ever the case may be.......

I will see if it dies..... when I push the accelarator... pedal(gas pedal)....  Which I think might happen.....

Thanks, Micky

that is what this one was doing........

Yeah,   so to take and also add some more mystery to this one......

Hurray!.  I am driving it around............  and  I did find one more thing...

Cuz,,, it would start... and it would idle....(but sometimes it would just drop....like a ton of bricks Wham)

The MAS air flow...........  the connection over there.... I gave it a wiggle...  and it died....

SOOO......  I took it off........ plugged it in and inplugged it like twenty times... to get the corrosion off of it.....

(looked as green as the wicked witch of the west's face [before she puts on her makeUp])

That took care of the accelaration  problem...

THE KICKER....

I wanted to defrost the window......  (NO GO!)

SHE DIES!!!!!

I thought it was the fan motor  killing it......

but................ It is not/////   the Fan motor not on.....  just hit any of the buttons.... it wants to die...  I am ok with that(no heat)..

The Loyale is running........   and this is the last of my five Loyales.... running. all are deceased

only one still sits...(full of scrap)....

and I will drive her(this Loyale)  to "that place in the sky"  tomorrow morning......

She will be weighed..... Like cattle........ and taken away.....

A moment of silence...............   ( ODO:312,172[and counting] ) , Micky