Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1994 Loyale ( Leon?) I need to replace the external fuel pump, which was quite pricey, so I want to put a new fuel filter before the old dirty gas hits my pump.

Anyone know where I can get one? I would prefer OEM , but generic would work?

Can I use any in line filter?

Appreciate any help you could give me

Thankd

If you have a Loyale with an EA82 - or in simpler terms, if the spark plug leads go to a distributor at the back of the head on the vehicle’s LHS, you need to post in the EA82 forum. 

If it’s carb, any Fawcett pump will do the job, no need to go overboard on the price. Any fuel rated paper filter will do the job required. 

If you have a SPFI or MPFI EA82 (fuel injected) then you’ll need an efi rated external pump. They’ll most likely be about $200 (over here they’re about that for a half decent unit). I wouldn’t put a filter before it as these pumps rely on fuel to cool the internals of the pump. 

Cheers 

Bennie

19 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

We use the Ford F150 frame rail EFI pumps for replacement on the GL/Loyale EFI. Much cheaper and don't have that damper bulb that leaks. 

GD

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FZ5YKXT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installed it two weeks ago.  So far so good.

Good luck,

Sam

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 4:00 PM, GeneralDisorder said:

We use the Ford F150 frame rail EFI pumps for replacement on the GL/Loyale EFI. Much cheaper and don't have that damper bulb that leaks. 

GD

I've changed that sucker on my wife's Ford Exploder in the driveway, not something I want to do again!