Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey all. Starting a new thread because it's been awhile since my last post about this topic. Long story short - I have a 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5I that I did a JDM boxer engine (EJ253) swap with. Everything went smooth except I am getting a P1491 code (PCV sensor error). This is because the boxer engine I put in physically does not have the sensor itself and therefore the ECM from the car is not picking anything up on its end. So after some digging through the FSM I think I found the correct pins where I can put a resistor or jumper on the ECM to artificially complete the circuit and bypass the code. The only problem is that those pins are currently occupied and I am nervous that they may be running to something else. Could JDM just have capped the ends of these two wires somewhere in the harness or are they actually being used? Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm attaching some photos for reference. 

Picture 1: Wiring diagram found in the FSM. My plan is to put a resistor between pin 41 and pin 45 on B21 (wiring harness from the boxer engine)

Picture 2: The back of the wiring harness from the boxer engine. Note that pin 41 is occupied by a yellow / red wire while pin 45 (hard to see) is occupied by a solid orange wire. 

Appreciate all the help and let me know if my logic is flawed!

- Geoff 

PCV3.PNG

Snapchat-805840891.jpg

Edited by Geoff F
update

• 1 year later...