Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 loyale wire harness

My 91 loyale (ea82) isn’t getting spark from the coil. It’s a new coil, new disty, I’ve replaced the ignitor and the bracket it’s attached to, checked my grounds. I have Frayed wires in my harness tho that I wrapped awhile back could this be the reason for no spark? If so could someone please tell me where this wire goes and if I could just re run 4 new wires in its place ? 

A65419DB-D328-459F-96CA-FED44ADE40BB.jpeg

DD059F16-21AD-475F-9AF6-E972199332B7.jpeg

@somick @DaveT

had a buddy come over who knows wiring a little better. Traced it back to a bad ecu. There wasn’t power getting to the ignitor or coil from the ecu. Also noticed that the check engine light wasn’t coming on at all when I turned the key on. Took the ecu apart and found 3-4 diodes burn up, run a jump wire between one of the bigger diodes near pin 27 and the check engine light flashed on. I will be ordering a replacement soon and posting the (hopefully successful) update. Thank you guys!  

• Like 3

If the case looks the same as yours, it should work....  I did discover that there are at least 2 versions - but I don't know what years they were from.  Most of the ones I have look the same, 2 have a different metal case, slightly different wiring.

• Thanks 1

Red, white, black shielded on a SPFI is the air flow meter. It should be throwing a code related to that. Possible it fed 12V back though the signal wire and fried the input on the ECU or the sensor. I would check the voltages at the sensor. With the key on you should have 12V on red, 0V on black, and half a volt on the white wire. Blowing some air though the sensor should make the voltage rise.

Edited by Ionstorm66