Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1991 honda CRX DL 74,000 miles.

Yes its all original, a real grandma car. Its onlt task was snow bird driving from NJ to Florida and back.

I was going to do respectful mods to it but its too nice.

So I need an opinion. It needs a muffler/tailpipe (rust as mufflers tend to do).

Price is not bad about 110.00      now the EFU and SI had a muffler with dual exhaust. This is single. From what I can tell no difference. DO I keep it original or go for a dual exhaust. Im mixed.

Do whatever you want! I get that yours won’t see snow probably.  But Id get whichever exhaust is less rust prone. All else being equal the single will have fewer welds and flanges and hangers to rust. 

Some mods are incredibly practical like seats orlights or lifting or racing.

It’s a cool relic, particularly for the NE, and they’re simple and reliable. Keeping it stock has strong merit.

Modding is fine sometimes and who doesn’t like to tinker sometimes. what I’ve felt with my XT6s is that the modding “feeling” is way more in the planning and installing phase and basically zero afterwards. I like larger tires and a little lift and that’s about it for practical reasons. A good solid older machine is stand alone cool in stock form.

As an extreme example, an amazing condition stock brat shines over a great condition highly modified one unless you’re in some particular crowd like the civic communities predisposed to highly modified civics. 

• Like 1

Im all for saftey upgrades (how anyone can drive a car with mechanical brakes is beyond me) but its a simple small car. I still have some interior parts made of unobtanium to find. The price difference between exhausts is only 10 bucks! Ill have to search around and see the best quality.