Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tail lights 85 brat?

You can still buy them new from the dealership, quote part numbers 784910670 (LH) & 784910660 (RH). If they're more than $60 US each, you're being ripped off. They are ex-Japan, if the dealership says they're not available they're not trying hard enough.

Problem you will have is the seals around the lens are so dried out and shrunk, the lens will crack before you can stop water intrusion. I don't think the seal is available anymore. I purchased the whole light assembly for both sides many years ago. I was told by the dealer I purchased them from the one side was last in the country. The other side came from Japan and took about 4 weeks. I can't remember exact cost but I just had a paint job so I thought what the hell. I didn't think the lens were available anymore new. If what I was told is true the whole assembly has not been available since I bought mine, maybe 2009, not sure. I painted it in 2001, 2009 and early this year. 

Looking back it looks like 2001 when I purchased the assemblies. 

Edited by bratman2

• 1 year later...