Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 loyale

On 12/13/2020 at 10:00 AM, Loyale 2.7 Turbo said:

Burnt ignition Module?   ...   Burnt Fusible Links?

Check out the fusible links at the small black Box over the coolant reservoir tank.

Kind Regards.

Links are fine I had to replace one because of faulty alternator I will go through the list thank you 

12 hours ago, idosubaru said:

What check engine codes are flashing?

If the alt failed by overcharging - which the burnt link suggests - it may have damaged some other components as well.

Overcharging alt took out my XT6 TCU two years ago, and fusible link and another smaller item or two. 

No codes I haven't had it checked I thought the readers only were made for 95 models and up? And I replaced the link months ago but had 1 faulty alternator from orielys so had the 2nd tested beforehand.

To read the codes, remove the plastic panel under the driver side dash.   Then locate the ECU.  It is a grey or painted box bolted to the bottom of the steering column.  There is a hole on the edge facing the driver.  The red LED blinks the codes.  Long blink is 10s place, short are 1s place.  Key in run position,  it blinks any current problems.  It is a very simple system, so it doesn't know everything. 

6 hours ago, DaveT said:

To read the codes, remove the plastic panel under the driver side dash.   Then locate the ECU.  It is a grey or painted box bolted to the bottom of the steering column.  There is a hole on the edge facing the driver.  The red LED blinks the codes.  Long blink is 10s place, short are 1s place.  Key in run position,  it blinks any current problems.  It is a very simple system, so it doesn't know everything. 

7 blinks 1sec then 7 again 

29 minutes ago, DaveT said:

That's the no code things are ok code.  All trouble codes are 2 digit.  The ECU doesn't know everything,  so it is quite common to have failures it doesn't see.

I have no clue what to go for next any suggestions 

35 minutes ago, Dusty87 said:

Rotor tries to turn but won't 

Do you mean the rotor does not turn when cranking?   That indicates broken timing belt/s.

It won't turn far by hand,as it is connected to the entire engine's moving parts.  You would break something if you try to turn the engine via the distributor shaft.

1 hour ago, Dusty87 said:

Would I half to take out the entire distributor to get to it?

Nope. 

58 minutes ago, Dusty87 said:

Rotor tries to turn but won't 

Broken timing belt for sure, unless you installed the wrong distributor or in a wrong way, when you swapped it.

I would start by checking the Timing Belts and components, then the mere distributor itself.

Kind Regards.

39 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Do you mean the rotor does not turn when cranking?   That indicates broken timing belt/s.

It won't turn far by hand,as it is connected to the entire engine's moving parts.  You would break something if you try to turn the engine via the distributor shaft.

Yes when cranking sry