Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Labmobile gl10 build

turbodog

allrighty, sorry for the long wait, I've been hard at the wiring! and i think im done!   woo  this next post is gonna be a long one,  ill try to explain whats i did :)

so, the injectors are paired in a way, where #1 & #2 are paired and #3 & #4 are aswell,  they are located about a foot past the big grommet hole. 

photo_2021-02-09_23-57-58.jpg

lots of connection checking, re taping and tracing done,  finally time to wrap it all up!    side note:  there are only 4 grounds for the ENTIRE HARNESS AND BODY all of them need to be perfect, as each has about 10-15 wires per bolted on connection point.

photo_2021-02-09_23-55-45.jpg

trimmed, cleaned up and re wraped the engine harness.  the most important ground is located on the end with the most wires ending up there. (about 15 splitting to another dozen) The upper most wire is using some existing wires on the harness and its nowwired into the intake air temp sensor.

photo_2021-02-09_23-50-02.jpg  

Edited by turbodog

cleaned and re wrapped the power in wires

photo_2021-02-09_23-50-14.jpg

heres the new ecu wired up to the existing harness ,  will get buttoned up once im sure all the parameters are reading correctly and i know i dont need to add any more connections. (yeah i see the connector that's not shrank yet,  lol)

photo_2021-02-10_00-11-20.jpg

aaand thats about it for now..

So far ive gotten the fuel pump to turn on in test mode, same goes for the coil, boost solenoid, all 4 injectors and anything else i can test...  i've got what looks to be the right signals now...

but i cant find out how to make the whole thing " do the thing"    lol.     

16 hours ago, el_freddo said:

Got any issues with the crank angle sensor in the dizzy? 

Just putting it out there. 

Cheers 

Bennie

yeah, but its just inexperience that's causing me some issues here.. i may have figured it out last night.  im gonna see what results i come up with..

its somewhat reading, but i found out that i wasn't gettting 12v to the dizzy's power so the voltages in the sensors aren't quite right (supposed to be 5V)
20210211_215441.jpg

• turbodog changed the title to turbodogs "labmobile" gl10 build
  • turbodog changed the title to The Labmobile gl10 build
1 hour ago, el_freddo said:

Woo! Me too! That’s why I don’t have any in my L series (other than parts bombs)! 

Don’t worry, after the HGs, it will be something else! 

Cheers 

Bennie

lol, well, ive got a nice tig, so i may weld up that crack they love to get, but everything else is new... so hopefully hg's keep it goin for a while.   i may be in the market for an adapter plate *sigh*    ive got an ej25 with a set of ej20 turbo heads... but that's another recipe for head gaskets....

hmmm Honda J series lol

Edited by turbodog

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, el_freddo said:

That’s an epic project to be taking on! 

I’m spoob at welding exhausts. Got a crappy bottom of the ring MIG welder to go with it. Can’t vary amperage other than two settings via a switch. Not fun. Can complain since it was given to me. 

Cheers 

Bennie

yeah, having a good welder does make a huge difference.  its going to be my first tig experience,  The guy said he will send me some scraps to practice getting the settings right first, so thats nice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

Inferno Fabrications in St. Helens has done EA82T stuff for us in the past - needed an up-pipe for a customer several years ago and he made one up. 

GD

hrm, was it any good? i may reach out to them