Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spokane: New owner of 2 XTs and an XT6

I just acquired 3, count 'em, THREE Subaru XT's.

1986 XT Turbo, Manual

1989 XT 4WD, Manual

1991 XT6 AWD, Manual 

Condition? Well, they are going to need a lot of love. Currently, the only one running is the '89 XT. They have all been sitting outside in a dirt lot for 5+ years. Interiors are rough, exteriors are also in need of attention. I think they are mechanically "okay", I'll know more as I get them running and do a shakedown.

Background: I owned an '89 XT6 from '94 to 2002. It was my favorite car I've owned.

I'll be needing some odds and ends to get these up to speed. I would appreciate any local leads on parts or cars in salvage yards. I'll post photos soon!

Grab any parts you can get your hands on. Others will tell you what’s particularly hard to find. Oil pump would be number one from what I read on here. 

If you can get one body and interior in good order you could drop a wrx drivetrain in it and power on from there ;) 

Cheers 

Bennie

• Like 1

Nice.  Sounds like you have winter projects.  Spauldings might have some parts.  I am working on a Brat - if you are interested in selling a set of seats let me know.  I am in Billings, but get to GEG every few months.  Have fun! 

• Like 1