Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4 hours ago, Stelcom66 said:

A friend of mine had a Justy years ago. Had the manual transmission instead of the CVT. As far as I know the only inline engine Subaru ever made. But to stay unconventional, 3 cylinders.

I've heard the threes are coming back into favor.

They are especially with turbos

32 minutes ago, nipper said:

Yes for another year

Me too. I have the 2019 Premium model. Congrats on the Limited upstep ;-)

I love the fact that the cpo gives you 7 years and 100k power train from date of service instead of the 5 years 60k if purchased new.

btw, cv joints are included in the drive train warranty and you bet I will have them inspected before the warranty expires.

do you notice any wind noise issue at the driver window area?

47 minutes ago, brus brother said:

Me too. I have the 2019 Premium model. Congrats on the Limited upstep ;-)

I love the fact that the cpo gives you 7 years and 100k power train from date of service instead of the 5 years 60k if purchased new.

btw, cv joints are included in the drive train warranty and you bet I will have them inspected before the warranty expires.

do you notice any wind noise issue at the driver window area?

No wind noise, its very quiet.

I also get free oil changes and state inspections forever.

They did ry to sell me an eye watering extended warranty to cover "all the expensive electronics". I looked it up, Eyesite seems to be very trouble free since 2013?

21 hours ago, nipper said:

No wind noise, its very quiet.

I also get free oil changes and state inspections forever.

They did ry to sell me an eye watering extended warranty to cover "all the expensive electronics". I looked it up, Eyesite seems to be very trouble free since 2013?

Beware the poor quality oil used by the dealers for their "free" oil changes. Also the oil change kids at the dealers regularly leave the drain plugs and filters loose. Double check that stuff. 

GD

• Like 1

Hey Nipper. Finally figured out how to change display settings for tire pressure from metric (factory set) to standard!

I was in FWD mode (Fiddling While Driving) the other day and by mistake started hitting the paddle shifter instead of the "i" selector for the display settings DOH!

Note to self: the 2019 does not like first gear at 30 mph.

Note to self (2): Read the friggin' manual

Edited by brus brother
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, brus brother said:

Hey Nipper. Finally figured out how to change display settings for tire pressure from metric (factory set) to standard!

I was in FWD mode (Fiddling While Driving) the other day and by mistake started hitting the paddle shifter instead of the "i" selector for the display settings DOH!

I actually watched youtube videos on all that it was a big help

The manual is not light reading.

32 minutes ago, brus brother said:

I also DL a digital copy of the manual. The comforting thing about the YT vidoes were "press buttons till your heart content, if you really screw them up just go back to default settings"

The other change I made was the auto headlight sampling rate. (I set it to min which is every 7-10 seconds) so the HL dont freak out going through underpasses.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:32 PM, nipper said:

They are especially with turbos

I think the new Chevy Trailblazer has a 3 cylinder turbo. 

Congrats on the 2019 Outback. I like the green color they came in. If I won the lottery, I'd definitely consider the latest gen Outback.

Edited by Stelcom66