Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Temp sensors

Hi all, 

I have that gl10 wagon with an ea82t engine and im replacing the temp sensors in it as you all advised me to check do to a not wanting to start after it gets warm.

Ive located a single terminal one in the thermostat housing. I understand that there is a 2nd one.??? Not sure where to look. Also there is a to prong plug directly on top of the thermostat housing that is part of the housing assembly. What is that? I do appreciate everyone helping understand this new car to me.sure learning a alot.

Looking through my 86 FSM,  [includes the MPFI turbo EA82]  the Coolant Temperature Sensor is screwed into a coolant manifold from the top.  It has a rectangular 2 pin connector as part of it. 

It's good to test these sensors, not replace them, unless you have a lot of cash.  I have posted a list of readings from my MPFI sensors and FSM test points, but I do not have any details for the MPFI Turbo one, it is a different part physically.

Thanks dave. I idi finally find the other sensor. In the process of extracting it. Ive been lucky so far with parts. Got a fuel pump from parts geek s shipped for 90 dollars.  A temp sensor for gauge for 20 snd  other 25 dollars they have in stock at napa. Ive also been to autozone for a couple things.  Impressed with what the computer database has availiable still.