Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted Forester sh tire size

Espey16

Hey guys. I bought a 2" lift for my 2011 forester last week, and purchased wheels for it yesterday. The tire chart on the manufacturer's website states 225/65/16, and 215/70/16 will work, but I bought 17" wheels. Could someone point me in the right direction for the same size tire but 17" rim? 

why you did lift and then went for largest rim ? well you gonna have more problems to find right tires for that size for sure. i think yoou could fit there with lift 235/75r15 so thats means you can fit there 225/65r17 . that was i was using at leats on 17 size there and then went to 15 

• 1 month later...

I didn't really think about going down in rim size, I just figured that was what it came with. Looking back, I wish I would've gotten the smallest possible rim because I like having more sidewall. I ended up going with 225/60/19 open country 3s.

• 2 months later...

while 15's give you more sidewall, the 17's allow more brake caliper clearance.  many newer subarus can not downsize to 15's simply due to having large brakes.

do you have any rubbing with the 225/60R17's ?  I am looking at 215/65R17's, they are about half an inch taller and half an inch narrower than your size ?  any thoughts on how they might fit?  do you know what wheel offset you are using?

i appreciate any info you have before spending the $ on wheels and tires. thanks

• 1 month later...