Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Five Subaru DIY Oil Change Tips; Free: Long Oil Funnels, Anti-Splash Oil Pan & Useful Oil Filter Wrench

49 minutes ago, jonathan909 said:

If you're annoyed by these, follow the "youtube" link and leave appropriate feedback for them, because it's pretty certain they're not reading our replies here.

Does that help their views?  I assume they’ll edit or turn comments off and still get the click/view. Not interested in helping this asinine spam licker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonathan909 said:

If you're annoyed by these, follow the "youtube" link and leave appropriate feedback for them, because it's pretty certain they're not reading our replies here.

I'll just report the threads as spam, no need to give the OP more hits...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, idosubaru said:

Does that help their views?  I assume they’ll edit or turn comments off and still get the click/view. Not interested in helping this asinine spam licker.

I just left the first negative comment, so they weren't turned off as of an hour ago.  I thought about the view count, and am hoping that when you leave them a "thumbs down" (which they can't edit, afaIk) the visit doesn't add to their (paying) count.  And if they have to edit the comments, it increases their workload.  So in balance I think it's worth a try.

ya'll need to just stop responding to this crap, dont click on the video, just flippin ignore it and let it go away.

6 hours ago, jonathan909 said:

I just left the first negative comment, so they weren't turned off as of an hour ago.  I thought about the view count, and am hoping that when you leave them a "thumbs down" (which they can't edit, afaIk) the visit doesn't add to their (paying) count.  And if they have to edit the comments, it increases their workload.  So in balance I think it's worth a try.

Absolutely NOT. the best way to deal with this is to completely ignore it. Don't follow the link, dont view the embedded video, dont do anything but ignore it.

and to the OP - GD said it best, so I second his statement.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 11:09 PM, heartless said:

can we PLEASE let this thread die?? Pretty Please?

Nah, just kill off this member from the board. That’ll take out the threads they started like his first one which also needs to go:

Cheers 

Bennie

On 3/25/2021 at 5:10 PM, lmdew said:

GD when you going to have a YouTube channel?

I have considered it..... I have many hobbies that are not Subaru related though and that occupies a LOT of my time. I have three main vehicle modification/restoration projects in progress, I build/restore arcades, collect/build/restore retro computers, and I have two houses to maintain and a business that RUNS ME about 9 days out of the week. When I'm not organizing tax documents that is. 

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

I have considered it..... I have many hobbies that are not Subaru related though and that occupies a LOT of my time. I have three main vehicle modification/restoration projects in progress, I build/restore arcades, collect/build/restore retro computers, and I have two houses to maintain and a business that RUNS ME about 9 days out of the week. When I'm not organizing tax documents that is. 

GD

slacker

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

I build/restore arcades, collect/build/restore retro computers

I used to repair pinball machines and jukeboxes.

My first computer was a Timex Sinclair T1000. Google it. I gave it to one of my nephews when I got an 8086.

I still have a 5X86 that will boot Windows 3.11 (16 bit) or 95 second edition (32 bit). I also have on old Xerox pc that uses 8 inch floppy disks with a dot matrix printer. My 8086 and 8088's are gone. If the disks are still readable, I have IBM DOS and OS/2 on floppy disks. I also have Microsoft DOS and Windows 2, 3 and 3.11 install disks and a copy of 1.

9 hours ago, Rampage said:

My first computer was a Timex Sinclair T1000. Google it. I gave it to one of my nephews when I got an 8086.

I still have a 5X86 that will boot Windows 3.11 (16 bit) or 95 second edition (32 bit). I also have on old Xerox pc that uses 8 inch floppy disks with a dot matrix printer. My 8086 and 8088's are gone. If the disks are still readable, I have IBM DOS and OS/2 on floppy disks. I also have Microsoft DOS and Windows 2, 3 and 3.11 install disks and a copy of 1.

Sheesh - kids.

• Thanks 1