Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just bought a 2006 Outback Wagon that had bad tailgate wiring.  Wires on both sides were broken,so I just replaced the entire harness.    Replaced the harness and the circuit that powers up the radio, dome lights etc kept popping as soon as fuse was installed with the car ignition off.   Crazy, thought the harness would have taken care of that, but no.   Did some reading and some testing and thought, what the hell, pull the radio based on what I was seeing.   Well, when the radio came out, it was rattling like a box of nuts and bolts in an empty box.  I shook it for a few minutes gently to see what it was and all of the sudden, coins start coming out of the cd slot.   .37 later the radio is empty but dead.  No more circuit popping.  Put in a 05 Radio I had on the shelf in and I am off to the races......with a radio.  I have never seen that before.   LOL

• Like 3

I'm impressed if you had one of those 2005 POS combo radio/hvac units lying around.

Don't forget the poor ground connection in the area behind the face plate at #3 button that causes the entire unit to go blank (no radio/no hvac). 

Just tap on the area or open and resolder.

Edited by brus brother
  • Like 1

decades ago, I had a friend at work take a look at a malfunctioned VHS player I had. Figured it need a drive belt or something.....he said he forced an eject routine and about half a piece of buttered toast came out.

yeah, kids.

I've also heard, in very old houses with those old-style locks on the doors, old coins are often found inside.

yeah, kids

LOL, I have a house with those old style locks (box that is screwed to the outside of the door) - no coins found to date.. but have found all sorts of other evidence of kids - drawing on walls in closets, small toys in heat registers, those sorts of things.

• Like 1