Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wix.  
I’ll run others too but it’s wix if I care and they seem respected by a good cross section of folks. 

editable content is tricky with varying opinions and anecdotal experience. You’ve been on other forums, I don’t need to explain that lol. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, idosubaru said:

Wix.  
I’ll run others too but it’s wix if I care and they seem respected by a good cross section of folks. 

editable content is tricky with varying opinions and anecdotal experience. You’ve been on other forums, I don’t need to explain that lol. 

so do you run the reg or XP version?

2 hours ago, idosubaru said:

Not to get all OT, but for something like that a wiki is the right way.  I've built one from the ground up (for the boat in my avatar, the TriFoiler).  It's some work, but easy and a lot of fun once you get going.  Thing is, you really need a subject big enough to justify it, and just having, essentially, a group-editable FAQ (because there are already so many other Subaru fora out there) isn't excuse enough.

Opinion: support small business and not that creep. 

And John at Perkins told me those Wix they sell or used to sell are the same as made for SOA , that was a good 10-15 years ago. Not so sure about these new tiny blue filters. But I have those on my shelf from a case I bought. Using them up but for years now they just scare me somewhat. 

4 hours ago, moosens said:

Opinion: support small business and not that creep. 

And John at Perkins told me those Wix they sell or used to sell are the same as made for SOA , that was a good 10-15 years ago.

Here here for local!  been trying to buy as much local and made in the USA as I can since about Nov.  keep it up!

I don’t think that’s the case any more, which you implied anyway, wix supplying Subaru.  Sometimes I think Napa’s premium brand is said to be wix. But I’ve never looked into it. 

Edited by idosubaru

Not sure about Wix supplying Subaru, the old ones were Roki for a while. Japanese quality. I THINK the present ones may be spec'd from Fram? There was an intermediate one that had a reputation for leaking from the rolled/crimped portion.

GD would know, He has a good feel for what to avoid from the dealer.