Sign in to follow this  
Moosewala

Boosting a non turbo l wagon

Posted (edited)

like to say whats up first of all, never been a member on a forum so please forgive my noobness. i recently acquired a 2000 impreza L wagon to screw around drive to school and back and beat up. but i have had so much fun with it i want to keep and give it a better life than what it had in vermont. its got 125k on the clock and is rustier than all heck, i want to take it to a shop and get it check out to see if its still safe or worth investing money into it. the only thing i could think of making this subaru 10 more badass is turboing it. i wanna keep the whole sleeper and college kid look to it. https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/ i found this article and it fits what I'm planning to do. my only question is when it comes to getting a wrx header and up pipe and crossmember what years can i get. other than that how much would it cost time and money wise or a noob like me to get this project done or would it be cheaper and better to get it done else where thanks

Edited by Moosewala

Posted (edited)

Boosting a nonturbo is a great way to go through multiple engine blocks and lots of time and money.

If you have that, get into a vehicle that’s already got a turbo from the factory. Buy a blown turbo engine vehicle and repair it so you’ve got a turbo specific tune and pistons from the start   

you said “boost” and that link doesn’t work. So we don’t know what you’re asking. But it matters not, time and money depends on too many variables to say. 

Edited by idosubaru
  • Like 2

Keep it at 5 psi for shits and giggles should see you going for some time. 

Pistons aren’t weak, spoob fuelling kills pistons. This usually occurs when ppl get greedy on the boost and don’t compensate the fuel properly. 

Watch the youtube clips, plenty out there. Find someone’s video edit style and accent you like and go with that, then cross reference with other build videos. 

Cost all depends on how much you pick the parts up for. You could always get a wrecked wrx of the same era and do a full drivetrain and wiring swap. Paying someone to do the work significantly jacks the price UP!

If your vehicle has significant rust that I’ve seen you can get over there, start off by looking for a relatively rust free body to being with ;) 

Cheers 

Bennie

Judging by the fact that this user has gone back and edited in strange links into their posts....I'm guessing this is not a legit question. Let it die.