Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I was jacking my car up last oil change and heard a thud, I look over and it was where my jack stands were sitting so I quickly jacked it up and stopped the procedure. I then took it to an oil change place to get it done and paid 70 bucks, I wouldn’t have gone there if I had known that but it’s besides the point. If I don’t feel safe putting the stands where they normally go, where should I put them? I would attach pictures if the file size wasn’t too big. It also happened in the rear. Forgot to mention I have a 2011 outback sport

Edited by cspurli2
  • Haha 1

Highly unlikely that the pinch welds on such a recent car have rusted through, but any thing is possible.

There is the small skid plate that attaches to cross frame behind the motor in the front and the rear differential support in the back.

Both are centrally located so you can lift a set of wheels at once.

Then place the stand on solid parts of the frame.

Look at your manual for the std jack points

O.

Edited by ocei77

BTW, if you have a PepBoys near you, there is currently a full rebate ($29.99 less $30 mail in rebate) on 5 quart jug of Rotella oil. Various grades, its marketed as truck and suv but hey it's oil and spec'd properly. limit 2 per household.

That $70 sounds pretty harsh.

Edited by brus brother
  • Like 1

I live in upstate New York so vehicles rust pretty quick. Although it doesn't appear to be rusted through, it's just really dented up like it got pushed up. I'll try and use the frame like you were talking about. Thanks again, also about the rebate.