Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Was up at Mount Hamilton today with some iClub guys and Nasioc Locals. Got some friends from LegacyCentral.org with me to help me feel in place. The drive was cool. Met up in Sacramento with some locals, then we all headed down to Stockton where we picked up a few more. Almost everybody was in an Impreza of some kind. There were plenty of variations.

We then headed on the road from Stockton to San Jose and along the way managed to pickup even more Subarus (yes... you guessed it. WRX's). So yeah... I tried to stay at the front of the pack. I figured, 70+ guys in their 200+hp racecars had to cause some sort of accident. And I'd preffer it happen behind me :) Luckily no such accident occured. Once we got into San Jose (or close to it) we stopped at some mall. At 1st i thought the mall parking lot was the actuall meet, but it wasnt... just more guys to pickup. So now instead of 70 Impreza's, we're rolling with more like 120 impreza's. I had no idea where we were going, but we ended up on a 2 lane Country road into the hills. When I say 2 lane, i dont mean 2 lane with a dotted stripe... or even 2 lane for that matter. More like 1 and a half Lanes, with a faded double yellow line, and plenty of skid marks to warn you of whats to come.

The view was great. We were out of the city, and had a park to hang out at. Met some new people, but not many USMB members. Rumors of some kid wrecking his STi spread around the camp, but it turned out to be more like a brushed bumper and scraped fender. Too bad it ruined the new side skirts his dad bought him. Oh well.

Pictures and more pictures available here:

http://www.thawa.net/gallery/Mt-Hamilton-7-11-04

and the pix that I took (which are horrible quality):

http://usmb.net/gallery/album150

We need to have some sort of meet like this for all USMB members in the bay area.

-Brian

That BE is Imprezer's, or whatver his name is, the guy that owns i-club. Unfortunately we were told it wasnt a real B4. Rest assured it was beautiful. Almost as beautiful as the 05 GT. The owner of taht wagon subieman, is standing right infront of it in that picture. Just toss your arm at him and see if he'd take it :)

and yeah we went all the way up to the top. Kinda scary as narrow as it is.