Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How to Replace Sunroof Drain hose

Water leaks in the headliner as water drains from sunroof drain hole.  I know the hose is not blocked because most of the water flows out the drain in the wheel well.  But a fair amount drips from the headliner down the A-pillar. 

How do I get to the drain hose?  Do I have to take out the headliner?  Some others have posted that the hose can come loose from the drain tube, so is there any easy way to re-attach it (if that is the problem).

thanks.

yeah, i have done it exactly once. and yeah, it is a pain.

actually took the whole unit out of mine to address some other issues i was having on the 1990 Legacy i had.

Wagons are a lot easier than a sedan would be, lol. drop it down & the whole works goes out the back end.

12 hours ago, heartless said:

Wagons are a lot easier than a sedan would be, lol. drop it down & the whole works goes out the back end

That is certainly true! And with the later models you don’t have to strip all of the rear interior out from what I recall. The Gen1 wagon is ridiculous to get the roof lining out of!

Cheers 

Bennie

13 hours ago, el_freddo said:

That is certainly true! And with the later models you don’t have to strip all of the rear interior out from what I recall. The Gen1 wagon is ridiculous to get the roof lining out of!

Cheers 

Bennie

i dunno about that, Bennie... when we went to fix the hatch wiring on the partner's 06 Outback, had to pull a good 3/4s of the trim just to drop one corner of the liner to get at the wiring harness