Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Drain device I have yet to encounter Preach to me please

And pardon my asking here instead of doing a little searching. I’m exhausted, thank you. It’s on a 2000 GT wagon. Have to zoom , was tired then too. The bad knee really was the factor but anyways , it’s that yellow device in place of the normal drain plug. 

IMG_4288.jpg

Yeah that pic sucked. It’s made in Japan so it can’t be all that bad , right ? 

And how does such a device work anyways ? I felt something want to move like a valve lever but all remained dry. 

Almost no time to play today and I tried to cram in some work while exhausted and it getting dark etc. pardon the excuses. But I figured I’d abandon that sucker and come back stronger the next round. 

Edited by moosens

Interesting.  Aside from it sticking out kinda far, my gut reaction is that it would be a perfect product for PILE (Premature Inadvertent Lubricant Egress).  But they claim to make them for a lot of engines, big and small, and if they were a disaster-in-waiting I expect they would have been run off the market by now.

They put one in the transmission too.

I guess I’ll try it for my oil pan but heard mentions of those being slow to drain. 

OK I should review the product online instead of bothering you guys but you love this stuff anyways. 

Edited by moosens