Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Center console won’t close 94 Legacy

Something has it jammed apparently on the passenger side. I can feel the left link still a bit loose but the right link is still as can be. I don’t want to force it. Haven’t had a real moment to focus on this so I’ve been cruising with the top open and my right elbow wants the lid closed. 

Nothing I can see with my eyes. Anybody have this happen ? 
It’s the lid that flips towards the rear. Not the side flipper on the 90-91s

• 2 weeks later...

I just can’t see any obstructions. 
And I got hit from a tailgater while driving it. I think it’s time I cut the 2.2 and related ECU etc from the car and have the engine live on in a project car. Just frustrated at the moment. Good car , love it , just suddenly seems to be taking a beating. 

Rant over. Any idea on the center console lid not wanting to close? Read above. Thanks

Thanks , yeah it seems like I’m ok but I did get that initial shock straight up and down the spine. Feeling some tightness in the lower back and abdomen. Just what I don’t need right now. Or anytime. Just the stupid process now of X-rays , therapy , blah blah blah 

Have the minimum insurance so I’ll have to go after the other party directly. So that means an attorney. Contingency works well enough but just dealing with more people , not big on my list. And you have to go through the Physical Therapy game. But getting better is priority. Just know I’ll be screwed on the car somehow. 

Old days I had made out well most of the time. Now , not so sure how it’s going to work out. 

yeah, i hear ya.. but back issues are not something to put off taking care of..

I started having some issues about 3-4 years ago... went to chiropractor and called it good.. turns out, no, not good

2 subluxated vertebra - L4 & L5, with associated arthritis causing issues with nerve roots, which, let me tell ya, is no fun at all - major pain, and cant stand for more than 10-15 mins at a time. Went thru PT for several months with no improvement, was referred to physical medicine, where things are in progress to hopefully kill the pain for a while.

This last year & a half has been hell. And for the record.. the chiro did not cause the problem, nor did he make it any worse.. As I understand it, this is something that develops over many years... and it was probably the truck driving that had the biggest impact.

Thanks all. It appears the right side link is what’s stuck. And flashing a light through that slit doesn’t show me anything blocking it’s path. But the hinge feels free enough , same for the left side link. 

Yeah I’m that typical guy about pain. Work through it mentality. 

BrusBro has offered his eyes and hands as well to assist. Might be seeing our man in a while. We’ll see if we can synch up. 

image.png.13a66ecddd4f193519e55d2284b98365.png

Should have had another cup of coffee.  Bus crossed a double, double yellow line turning into a gas station.  Said he never saw me.  I'm here.  Any Day you can get out of bed, have a hot coffee and shower is a Great Day.  If you make it to the end of the day and have an IPA it's even better!

• Like 4

hugs for Dad from me too.

I am also an Orphan, of sorts.. lost Mom in 2012 - never really knew dad, so no idea if he is still around or not.

Life is short.. tell those you love that you love them every chance you get!

(and that includes the furbabies!)

Edited by heartless
  • Like 2

Yes !!!! Somehow I just put a little brute force and ignorance into it. It was the drivers side that was hung up. Not sure how or what caused it but I wiggled and jiggled and after I pulled my pants back up it came loose ! LOL

And right elbow says thanks as does the dog. She loves to ride sitting on that pad rubbing up against me. 

Thanks for the support ! 

Dad is doing ok , should be in the hospital another day as they check him over. 

• Like 4