Ultimate Subaru Message Board

you guys with older cars, check your spare's pressure. In prepping for a trip to CoSpgs, I was giving my WRX a LOOONG overdue bit of basic cleaning, decide to check the air pressure in the spare - yeah, it was under 10psi.!!! I guess I had never checked it in 15 years.

lubed the lock cylinders, some hinges and handles, etc. too. Pre-loaded some cargo as it may be raining here in the next day or 2.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan
spelling
  • Haha 1

car ran really great today. One scary moment, none of the vehicles in front of me swerved, then, there's this instant road gator right in the middle of my lane! I just managed to 'translate' over ontothe rumble strip to pass to the left of it. The vehicles in front of me(big rigs and pick-ups) must have straddled it but it looked kinda long to me. All I'd need to have happen is tag one end of it with the inner shoulder of a tire and it would probably destroy the underside of my car somehow!

The one fill-up I've checked was 25mpg. that's cruise set variously on 70-75-80. may have started with a tailwind, but got a heavier head/cross wind later. had some rain in 2-3 areas too. Car may be 'wandering' slightly. Could be the coupla extra lbs/psi I added in the tires. maybe have the alignment checked later on. never been aligned. Probably check the oil level in the morning. Considering dropping tire pressure but, not a big concern, just curious.

seen an older lady in an Outback Sport in Vernon (eat at Bevo's if you're ever there and want a good burger) Saw another Impreza pass me, had some red lettering on the left in the back. Dark color with the crossbars on. I'm not good at picking out year-models)

overnighting in Amarillo. My hip starts hurting after a coupla hours and really can't do the trip 'one and done' anymore. stupid bursitis.

probably go over the the Texan for a steak in a few minutes.

MMMmmmmm - steak........

• Like 1

stay safe, Texan, and hope that steak was delicious!

and I hear ya on the stupid bursitis.. both hips tho, along with some lower back issues. :unsure: I cant do long trips in one go anymore either.. and to think I used to spend 10-12 hrs behind the wheel and not give it a thought... gotta love getting older

next 2 tanks were 22.8 and 22.5 . wind and maybe 91 octane. fuel went up almost a buck crossing into CO !

This morning, I thought there was some missing at idle on cold start, but didn't detect it at any other stop....no cel but, might check for pending.

shoulders and neck hurting too. might try different tilt/seating arrangement on the way back in a few days.

6 hours ago, lmdew said:

If you are in Colorado Springs for a few day you might be able to get in to see Casey at http://resolve-therapeutics.com/.  She does a great job on my back after long flights.

awesome, already better this morning, likely the hotel mattress didn't help but, more comfy at my Daughter's home.

talk at you later.....

• Like 1

You guys have no clue what an awesome resource lmdew is for parts!. The volume of his home dedicated to them is huge.

he helped me with a hood latch problem (I swear, I lubed 20 points on the car before I left, the one that failed was the one I missed....)

Nice meeting him today, he is a true fan of the brand.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan
  • Like 2

yeah, left a little early and skipped lunch so, got in a coupla hours sooner than expected. Some good news on the family front, some not great but, that's how it goes.

stuck on the highway with a thousand other people outside raton for 15 minutes or so, both sides blocked. Some kind of road construction or bridge work or rock clearing.....dunno.

got 26.3mpg, then 24.9mpg on the next 2 tanks. Drove 1518 miles total. Not sure why the variability on the fuel, other than wind and a/c use.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan